Norlys has recently been upgraded to the latest version of Smallworld Telecom Suite, more specifically version 5.2.5, and with it, users have a more modern user interface and several new features. Norlys and Smallworld Nordic have worked closely together to achieve this, which also included updating and quality assurance of customer specific functions and integrations.
– It was central for us to put structure and action around all parts of the upgrade, GIS Admin at Norlys, Olivia Spelling Mavrinac (to the left on the featured image above), says. – With a strong group, of representatives from Smallworld Nordic and various competences from our Norlys employees, we dealt with problems and questions along the course, so it all went according to plan.
– The whole process has taken place in a friendly and positive spirit
– The whole process has taken place in a friendly and positive spirit, Peter Lykkegård (to the right on the featured image above), also GIS Admin at Norlys, adds. – There has been a lot of focus on testing the new version, so we were confident in advance that it would work.
Clearly, two of Norlys’ major success factors in the upgrade were the professionalism in testing and the involvement of users. The test plan consisted of approximately 50 test cases, defined by super users, and these test cases were performed by a group of eight Smallworld users. The test results were recorded in a test system, to which both Norlys and Smallworld Nordic had access, and accordingly, Smallworld Nordic’s technical resources could continuously correct errors as they were reported.
By means of workshops, training and instructional videos, the users were well prepared before the day they got started on the new version. Improved user support, with expertise from both Norlys and Smallworld Nordic, was available on the first working day after the upgrade, to deal with questions and any challenges that might occur. Due to these measures, the upgrade went virtually without any issues for all involved parties.
– Smallworld PNI 5.2.5 has been very well received by the users
– Smallworld PNI 5.2.5 has been very well received by the users, helped by scheduled ‘check-in’ meetings throughout the first working day on the new version, where users could call in and ask questions or raise issues, Olivia and Peter explain. – Originally, we had planned for users to be physically present after the upgrade, but due to Covid19 we had to change to users working from home and attending on-line meetings.
– The upgrade has been an unconditional success due to the dedication and thorough planning that has been central in the collaboration with Norlys, CTO of Smallworld Nordic, Morten Moe, concludes.
– Norlys has put quality and user satisfaction on top of the agenda
– Norlys has put quality and user satisfaction on top of the agenda in the transition to the latest version, supported by extensive testing of features, establishment of sufficient capacity on the servers, and training and close follow-up of its users, Morten continues.
– We are in the process of upgrading all our customers to the latest version of Smallworld, and this experience with Norlys sets a standard for how this work shall be carried out going forward, Chairman of the Board of Smallworld Nordic, Rolf A Hillestad, states. – It will also be exciting to continue our great cooperation with Norlys in order to take advantage of an up-to-date documentation system and well-defined workflows.