Do you enjoy working with the latest advanced software and technologies? Do you want to work in a professional Scandinavian team, where we inspire and challenge each other to become experts in what we do and to develop the best solutions for our customers? Then we might have the right job for you…
We are a leading software company, Smallworld Nordic, which delivers business-critical software to the largest telecommunications and infrastructure companies in Scandinavia. We are looking for candidates to work with us in our offices in both Denmark and Norway.
As a developer and consultant at Smallworld Nordic, you will have both responsibility and flexibility in your employment, as we appreciate “the whole person”, including both work and private life. You will be equipped with new and up-to-date didtal tools to handle your tasks and you will have the opportunity to travel and visit our customers in Scandinavia.
We place a high value on social gatherings, involvement and participation and we offer bonuses and co-ownership in the company.
We are looking for new consultants, programmers and developers who work directly with our Danish and Norwegian customers. As a consultant to our clients, you help improve and develop new tools to manage their critical infrastructure. We develop, deliver and support software for utilities in the Nordic region. Our solutions support the processes for planning, documenting and managing our customers’ most critical physical assets, such as fiber infrastructure.
We supply and develop software on the Smallworld platform provided by General Electric (GE). The system is an integrated platform for managing physical components and wiring in the customers’ physical infrastructure. Our deliveries and consultants’ knowledge is highly specialized and we work closely with our customers.
Smallworld Nordic is well on its way to implementing “Agile”, throughout the organization, which will lift and develop our principles for software development and delivery. It is a really exciting journey that we hope you feel like joining.
We are looking for 3-4 new software engineers / developers / consultants to work with us at our offices in Copenhagen (DK), Herning (DK) and Oslo (NO).
Together with your Scandinavian colleagues, you will work closely with our customers as a software developer and create solutions using the Smallworld technology stack. In the consulting/developer role, you will be a “trusted advisor” in the span between the customers’ business needs and the technological possibilities in the software platform.
You will be responsible for mapping and understanding the customer’s needs and translating these into software solutions and functions that can be implemented. You will also act as an advisor in the dialogue with the customers and take responsibility for proposing, planning and implementing the programming work in close collaboration with both customers and your colleagues.
Your work also includes software maintenance and support, as we have long-term contracts with our customers. Maybe you already work with software development and service and have an IT background? If you have experience from the telecom and fiber industry, you may have the advantage of understanding our customers’ business areas.
- Develop ad maintain solutions for telecom, electricity supply and heating infrastructure.
- Streamline our customers’ work process.
- Being part of product and customer teams, where collaboration and knowledge sharing is an important ingredient
- Good programming knowledge
- Ownership and commitment
- Adapting new solutions and technology
- Speaks and writes fluent English and Danish, Norwegian or Swedish
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT
- Preferably experience with open source environment
- Preferably experience from working with telecom networks
- Preferably experience with operation of IT infrastructure, IT networks and databases
- Preferably knowledge of cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure and others. as well as the use of Linux / Unix and Docker.
- Ability to work independently on customer projects, take responsibility for the end product and customer satisfaction
- Be able to work in a structured and diligently, with focus on software quality and long-term maintenance
- Eager to learn new technologies and programming languages
About Smallworld Nordic
Smallworld Nordic consists of 3 companies: Smallworld Systems AS in Norway, Breakout Image AB in Sweden and Breakoutimage A / S in Denmark. We are 22 employees, with mainly technical profiles such as software engineers, developers and consultants. In Denmark you will be part of the team with 5 colleagues.
Smallworld Nordic is in a growth phase and expanding rapidly and expects to do the same in the coming years.
Smallworld Nordic is a system integrator and “value added reseller” of GE Smallworld products, which means that we sell and develop GE Smallworld Network Inventory systems to our customers in the Nordic countries. We also have a close relationship with the GE Smallworld partner in Finland “Spatialworld Oy”.
- Full training in our platform and development tools.
- Work days filled with fun and interesting tasks.
- Collaborate with colleagues with lots of experience, who will help and support you, to be a good consultant for our clients.
- Senior developer as your mentor.
- Participate directly in the test phases and implementation in projects for our customers.
- Independent responsibility to ensure progress and project success.
- An inspiring and safe working environment in a company based on Scandinavian values.
- International work experience, learning about the different aspects in the Nordic countries.
We are looking for candidates to start with us as soon as possible. Send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
If you are interested and have questions, please contact: CEO Tanja Rask Elbæk, +45 3055 9639 or Albert Bjørnsund, +47 901 91 528